Monday, February 18, 2013

2/18

hey family,
The library was closed here on Tuesday as well for upgrades on the computers so I finally get to write you today. It was a pretty good week here. We saw a lot of great things happen. We found quite a few new investigators and set a few more baptismal dates for next month so March is looking like a great month here if we can just get people to church. That has been the biggest hold up for a lot of people, so that's what we are going to have to put a focus on. Well my new companion is Elder Colling from Idaho Falls, Idaho. He went to Bonneville high so yes he is a bee. Lame I know ha. He has been out for 16 months so he is my oldest comp I've had yet. He is the first companion to be out over a year while I've been with him. So far it's gone pretty good and we are finally seeing some success here in Brandenburg. It just took a transfer here to get things rolling. Well this last week we had district meeting on Valentines day and of course I had to give a training on Love. It wasn't that kind of love, but it was all about how we need to truly love the investigators that we are working with, and to love the Lord to serve him as diligently as we can. It went well and that was about the extent of our week. Nothing too crazy happening just out working and setting up appointments to keep ourselves busy.
The weather here has been a roller coaster. Each day brings something different. Last week we had Snow in the morning then by the night time it was in the 50's then the next day it was back bellow freezing so we never know what to expect each morning when we wake up. It makes a lot of sense why so many people get sick out here with this crazy pattern.
Dad I haven't had the chance to go to the temple at all out here yet I just keep serving too far from Louisville, maybe here soon if our Zone can go.
Well I love ya'll and hope you have an enjoyable week.
Love,
Elder Moorhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment