Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekly Letter

how ya'll?

Well another week in Danville has come and past and the best part was that we finally set a baptism date with the less actives kid we have been teaching so that will take place in April. They have been coming to church each week and are very excited. Well this week I got to teach the early morning seminary in this ward and I talked all about how to share the gospel with your friends at school and how to answer questions without being confrontation or too defensive. The best way I have found is to bear simple testimony. People are accustomed to hearing short sentences and as you say a simple testimony it can bring a lot of force to the topic. We had another full week of knocking doors and have almost knocked out all of Danville even though we aren't in Danville every day. Well I did mail my bracket back home and I'll just let you take care of it since I have only been able to see bits of games through the windows and doorways of the houses we knock on. Originally I picked Syracuse to win it over Kentucky but then I just had to go with all the Kentucky schools to support where I'm at. Funny how living somewhere can change things, back home I wouldn't have picked Kentucky even if I thought they would win it but oh well.

Sounds like all is still going well for all of you up there. The weather here has been warm with thunderstorms at night which are cool. you asked if I need anything, well just in case you ever send me another tie try to make sure it is a polyester so it can get wet and not ruined. Lots of rain down here and I don't want any of the ties you send me to get ruined. But I think I'm doing pretty good and I can't think of anything specific, I'll never turn down more music of course ha. Love you lots, keep reading your scriptures.

Well keep on keepin on

Elder Moorhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment