Monday, February 6, 2012

Danville Kentucky aka "old people"

Hello there I actually have a lot to say today.
Well I'm now in Danville Kentucky which basically stands for old people. The average age in the ward is about 70 yrs old it is crazy. There are only two active young men in the entire ward so we do the sacrament every week. We cover Lincoln, Boyle, Mercer and Garrard Couties. The towns here were founded before america was officially america. Old places and old people. We had to knock a lot of doors last week because the missionary that was here before me was kind of apostate and didn't do anything so there is nothing really here We have to start from scratch. Which is frustrating because we did that my last area and I left right as it began to see the fruits. My new companion is named Elder Clawson from Sandy, Utah. we are co-senior comps even though he has been out a transfer longer than I have. He is a little slow i guess you would say. I found out that I have to do all the talking or else we sit there in silence. He has a great heart but I can already tell this transfer is going to be a long one. One thing he has said is that his legs hurt each night I guess I'm working him more than he is used too so there's a start. Well I guess its time for me to officially buckle down more than I'm used too and push it hard because I'm tired of tracting and this ward needs a kick in the pants to get them excited to do missionary work. I'm getting to places where the accents are really heavy and it was hard for me to understand some people. Also Everyone and their dogs smoke out here.(and everyone owns dogs multiple) Word of wisdom will be a fun lesson to teach. We have our own place its a duplex so it is pretty nice.

glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I didn't really mean anything by what are you hiding i was just askin. it was a bummer to hear about the super bowl. surprisingly no body that was watching the game answered their door so I didn't hear anything about it. Hopefully Syracuse can pull it out this year. can't wait for baseball season i miss sports and now I'm in a district that is too far apart to do anything together on p-day and our church only has a tiny carpet half court so basketball might not happen for a while. and I really want to play catch with a baseball but oh well. I'm kind of sad I won't be near Louisville for the derby this year I'll miss thunder over Louisville only like the 3rd biggest firework show in America so I've been told. Well hope all is well let me know if you need anything.
love ya bye
Elder Moorhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment