Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekly Letter

well week two down here!

this week consisted of me knocking and knocking and knocking. We finally met with the ward council and set up a ward mission plan which they didn't have. And we are trying to see who in the ward we can even contact since I guess half of the roster is do not contact. This ward is unlike any other I have ever been too. The roster has about three hundred names but only about 80 people come each week, there is like 5 youth in the ward that come and the primaries are combined because of the small number. The ward is old and it is like those that are active only a few even would allow you to come over. We haven't had dinner at a members home yet so a lot of cooking for us and eating out, but that is ok because I was smart with my money back in New Albany where I did get fed now and then so I top out each month on my mission card so funds are good for now. Well President and Sister Woodbury actually spoke in our ward this week and I'm hoping that it will awaken the ward to some degree. I talked to him for a few seconds and his comments insisted that he sent me here to have more of a leadership role. I'll talk to him more next week when we have our interviews. Elder Clawson is just so quiet around people and he struggles with saying what he wants to say so it has made me talk a lot more and basically made me the senior comp. The weather here has been frigid and the wind is my biggest enemy. It was about 16 degrees on Friday and Saturday and just about every house we knocked on told us to "stay warm" but basically no one let us in. The teaching pool here virtually nothing but we are working to fix that. It was another long week and we will see what comes this week.

Cd's are good just ask me in an email before you send them and I will tell you if they are approved or not. I look forward to receiving the package today, I figured I was going to be here a while so I'd just give you my address so you won't have to deal with the mission office delay each time. As far as soap and those kinds of things I'm doing good on them and I'll let you know when I'm starting to run a lil low.

The pictures attached are of Elder J. Tolman and I at transfer meeting and then Elder Clawson after I took it to him in Disney Monopoly ha.

I'm still working out and would like to go running in the morning but it is frozen and Elder Clawson isn't to big on the idea of running. We have a little bit of weights and I make due with what we have. My meals are pretty healthy I guess. I cook a lot of eggs, and bake muffins weekly ha I work for cheap and it works out. I'm getting plenty to eat so you don't have to worry about that I'm a big boy.


Sounds like all is well there and that everyone seems to be having a good time. well love ya,

Elder Moorhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment