Monday, February 27, 2012

7 months no it couldn't be

Wow that fast,

Well this week was our interviews with president and it turned more into what my purpose in being in Danville was. So he told me about how the last missionary here didn't work at all so he basically white washed me here, (Which usually means they start completely over in the area with two new missionaries and it is always tough) because Elder Clawson has been here only one transfer but he never did any work because of his last companion. I'm getting more used to Elder Clawson it is still a struggle because he does have some disabilities that make it really hard for him to even speak. But President told me about how this ward has kind of lost all trust with missionaries for the most part so he said that he is putting the responsibility to get the trust back from the members on my shoulders. Crazy how much president can think of me so soon. So it is taking a lot of tracting and slowly getting to know the members here. I will probably have Elder Clawson for another transfer and I don't think this is the right area to start a new missionary quite yet. He said he knew it might take some time but said that I was the right missionary at this time. It has been the toughest transfer yet so far and it is dragging kinda slow but I figure it should start picking up here soon. We just need to find that one family that is ready to be baptized then the ward will get excited. We have been trying to find some of the less actives to try and see why they don't come anymore and most of them go to a different church now and don't even realize they are on the church records it is the weirdest thing. This area is a majority of Baptist that is for sure. One thing we do each week is actually teach an institute class here to some members once a week. We are in the old testament and this week was on the tabernacle and all of its symbolism. It is very interesting to see just how symbolic things really were and still are with all of our temples now days as well.

Sounds like everyone is pretty busy and doing well. good to hear about Aaron and Chris that's pretty funny about the dream ha. I had forgotten that they were in the same ward. Syracuse is going to take it this year that's how my bracket will play out. I think it will be funny to do a bracket after not watching a single game this season. I did get the package from the grandparents this morning, peanut butter fingers yum! I have enough candy and junk food to last me until Christmas at this point. How do you expect me to stay fit if all I ever receive is candy.

Well I love you all and hope all continues to stay well

love ya bye
Elder Moorhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment